Thursday, June 20, 2013

Guinness Brownies


I don't know about you, but I've been on a Guinness kick lately.  And since I'm an equal opportunist, I would even venture to say that I am on a "stout beer" kick.  I blame it on the stout beer that I had to consume as a member of my local bar's beer club.  After a few of those, the taste just started to grow on me and soooo...here we are.  With me checking off stout after stout on that beer list.  Yah, that's how I'm livin'.

What's better than stout beer?  Stout beer in brownies.  Have I told you I've been on a brownie kick lately too?  Mmmmhmmmm.  That has been happening.  What can I say?  I'm a mess.  A mess of beer and chocolate.  I could do worse.


Guinness Brownies
very slightly adapted from Heather Cristo Cooks
makes 3 dozen brownies

Print Recipe

8 oz dark semi-sweet chocolate pieces
1 cup, plus 2 Tbs butter, soft
3 cups sugar
½ cup Guinness Beer
4 eggs
1 1/3 cups flour
6 Tbs dark cocoa powder
10 oz semi sweet chocolate chips - See more at: http://www.heatherchristo.com/cooks/2012/03/13/guinness-brownies/#sthash.37FaTjXR.dpuf
8 oz dark semi-sweet chocolate pieces
1 cup, plus 2 Tbs butter, soft
3 cups sugar
½ cup Guinness Beer
4 eggs
1 1/3 cups flour
6 Tbs dark cocoa powder
10 oz semi sweet chocolate chips - See more at: http://www.heatherchristo.com/cooks/2012/03/13/guinness-brownies/#sthash.37FaTjXR.dpuf
  • 8 ounces dark semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
  • 1 cup + 2 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup Guinness beer (or any stout beer you like)
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 1/3 cups flour
  • 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • 10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
8 oz dark semi-sweet chocolate pieces
1 cup, plus 2 Tbs butter, soft
3 cups sugar
½ cup Guinness Beer
4 eggs
1 1/3 cups flour
6 Tbs dark cocoa powder
10 oz semi sweet chocolate chips - See more at: http://www.heatherchristo.com/cooks/2012/03/13/guinness-brownies/#sthash.37FaTjXR.dpuf


1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2) Take a 12"x16" sheet pan and put a sheet of parchment paper down on the bottom of the pan.  Spray the top of the parchment paper and the sides of the pan with cooking spray.

3) Put the chopped dark chocolate in a bowl and microwave it for 90 seconds.

4) Whisk the chocolate until smooth.  Set aside to cool.
 

5) In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to whip together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2) Take a 12×16″ sheet pan, (a cookie pan with sides) and put a sheet of parchment paper down on the bottom of the pan. I then spray the top of the parchment, and the sides of the pan with non-stick baking spray.
3) Take the chopped chocolate and microwave it for 90 seconds.
4) Whisk the chocolate until very smooth. Set aside to cool.
- See more at: http://www.heatherchristo.com/cooks/2012/03/13/guinness-brownies/#sthash.37FaTjXR.dpuf

8 oz dark semi-sweet chocolate pieces
1 cup, plus 2 Tbs butter, soft
3 cups sugar
½ cup Guinness Beer
4 eggs
1 1/3 cups flour
6 Tbs dark cocoa powder
10 oz semi sweet chocolate chips - See more at: http://www.heatherchristo.com/cooks/2012/03/13/guinness-brownies/#sthash.37FaTjXR.dpuf

6) Add the beer and beat well until combined.

7) Beat in the eggs one at a time, until they are incorporated.

8) Slowly beat in the cooled dark chocolate.

9) Lightly whisk the flour and cocoa powder together.  Slowly add it to the batter, mixing until just combined.


10) Add in the chocolate chips and stir together until just combined.


11) Transfer the batter to the sheet pan and spread evenly to the edges.

12) Bake the brownies for 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.  Do not overbake.

13) Allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting into them.

These brownies are crazy good.  They're a cross between intense chocolate cake and intense chocolate fudge.  Just the way I like it.  It doesn't hurt that you can just catch a hint of the Guinness beer in between bites.  I wish all brownies were this easy to make and this tasty.  I think I'm going to add this Guinness brownie recipe into my regular dessert rotation, OK?  OK.

2 comments:

  1. You didn't include the guinness anywhere in your recipe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Guinness is listed in the ingredients and also in Step 6.

      Delete